Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Dinosaurs

Tonight, there was a lot of stuff I could have done.
I need to do my final revisions of my social research methods research paper.
I need to start three other 8-10 page research papers.
I have about five short 3-5 page papers I need to think about.
I need to complete 8 more service hours for BYUHSA and then about 4 more for IPB.
I need to practice my presentation for the Board of Psychology that I'm presenting next week.
I need to rehearse the presentation I'll be giving in two weeks that is completely in French.
And the list goes on...

Did I do any of those things, you may ask?
Why no, I did not.
I chose to go to a good friends orchestra concert.
Do I regret doing that, one might ask?
Why no, I do not.

To make a long story short, the director got kids from the local elementary school involved in the concert. He gave the kids a certain topic and had them write a poem, come up with a simple melody, or draw a picture to illustrate that topic. The poems were recited, the melodies played, and pictures shown in a slide show while the orchestra was performing.

Oh, did I mention that the topic was dinosaurs?

Here are a few of my favorite drawings from the night (sorry for the terrible quality. My phone has been my camera for the past year since my actual camera broke).All of the pictures were hilarious, as were the melodies.

Tonight was just what I needed.
No, none of those particular things on my dreadful "to do" list were completed.
But sometimes, just sometimes, life is more than lists.


Video.


1 comment:

  1. I love this entry! I did a sort of Camille-ish laugh too when I read it, and smiled the whole way through. You are one busy woman! Glad you took a break! :) loove those picturrres.

    ReplyDelete