Monday, February 28, 2011

Thinking Happy

A few years ago I decided that whenever I was having a bad day or life was just plain hectic, I would make a list. That list would consist of all the things that made me happy. For a few semesters here at BYU Hawaii I had a notebook that I would write in every day, listing everything that happened that particular day which made me feel good. Lately, that habit has somehow been forgotten about. Right about now I am in dire need of my happy list, so here we go:
  • Brownies. And cheesecake. Brownie sundae cheesecake.
  • I'm super thankful for my sisters. We're all at really different places in our lives, but when push comes to shove... we're here for each other.
  • I live in Hawaii.
  • I have really awesome friends. Both old and new, I love them all. Just a few honorable mentions...
  1. Kristin Ferguson.
  2. Marissa Gracia.
  3. Ben Johnston. Please come back to America.
  4. Russell Zavalla and Nathan Coppinger.
  5. Jacie Worthen.
  6. David Dynes.
  7. Jayne Pierson Marostica.
  8. Alexandra Jones.
  9. Amanda Heath and Lindsey Kubo Stauffer.
  10. Taylor Davis, Jordan Dosch and Meghan Ryan.
  11. Phil Andrus.
  12. My sisters. They are the best friends I could ever have.
  • My bed is really soft.
  • I have good eyesight. 20/15 baby.
  • My parents love me.
  • I work for Erin Nelson, who is quite possibly the coolest person in the world.
  • In just over 50 days, I get to go live in Jerusalem for a few months.
  • I have a job that payed for tons of schooling. That means I saved a LOT of money.
  • I have a good immune system...most of the time.
That's all I can list right now. Normally, there are tons more, but as of late all I can think about is how much I DON'T want to be taking certain classes, and how I can't wait until April 25th. I texted my wonderful mother today, letting her know just how much I hate school and almost everything else right now. That sweet woman so nicely reminded me that enduring to the end is not easy, but it is worth it.

Here's to you, mom.


2 comments:

  1. I feel so special that I made the happy list :) But what I love is that nothing comes before brownies or brownie sundae cheescake on your list. haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw Camille! How I love you so! Your momma is one smart lady! Gosh how I miss you and your family and eating brownies together :(
    ps. i love your blog and i'm sad that i just NOW discovered its existence.

    ReplyDelete